What is Body Massage?
Massage is the manipulation of superficial and deeper layers of muscle and connective tissue using various techniques to:
- Enhance function
- Aid in the healing process
- Decrease muscle reflex activity
- Inhibit motor-neuron excitability
- Promote relaxation and well-being
Body Massage Course Content
- Introduction to Body Massage
- Meridian Theory
- Related Anatomy and Physiology
- Benefits of Body Massage
- Forms of Massage
- Types of Massage Mediums
- Carrier Oils
- Preparing your Work Area
- Body Massage Sequence
- Reactions to Body Massage
No previous training or experience is required to enroll on this course. This course is aimed at individuals wishing to enter the beauty industry, or who want to add additional treatments to their existing range.
Benefits of our diploma courses
- Home study of the background theory section of the course
- ½ or full day practical training
- Easy and fun learning experience
- Mostly no previous experience required
- Full support from experienced tutor throughout course
- Full comprehensive manuals issued
- Certificates awarded upon completion of course
What do I need to bring to the practical training day?
- Your training manual
- Question and answer sheet
- A model if required
- Packed lunch and a bottle of water
- Copies of previous qualifications if not previously submitted
- Full day = 10am – 4pm
- ½ day = 10am – 1pm / 1pm – 4pm
- Courses are flexible and can be arranged suited to your needs
- Payment needs to be made in full at least 2 weeks before the start date of practical training
- A non-refundable deposit of £40 is required to secure a place on the course
What will I receive when I complete the course?
Once you have passed your course, you will receive the Bamboo Wellbeing Diploma. This will enable you to obtain public liability insurance.